Technology has surely advanced, but this does not mean that it is perfect, with no flaws. Many smartphones today face problems, but few of us know how we can solve these problems on our own. So here is a list of 10 common mobile phone problems and how you can resolve them:
- Slow Phone: This is something most of us have experienced at least once. It is one of the most common phone issues and can be associated with old phones. However, a new device can pose the same problem. When your RAM is full of apps and files that you don’t use or need, your phone may respond slowly. Clean your phone and close or delete apps, files, and clear all cache data. If you have installed an app and then this problem arises, then you should probably delete since it might be the reason your phone has slowed down. Also, save all your important information on Google Drive and Dropbox so you can clean all the clutter on your phone.
- Bad Battery Life: Another common problem most of us face is the bad battery life, even when we hardly use our phones throughout the day. There are different factors that could affect your battery life and therefore disable apps you are not using. Turn off the GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use, decrease the screen brightness and check your settings to see which app uses more battery. Close or disable such apps when not in use.
- Overheating Phone: An overheating phone might sometimes be related to poor battery life. In other situations, it could also be due to your charger or how you use it. It is important to solve this immediately since it could damage your phone screen seriously. Keep your phone away from the sun’s heat as much as possible and close or disable the apps you do not use. You could also decrease the screen brightness, turn off unnecessary settings such as GPS, Bluetooth (if you are not using them) and enable the Battery Saver Mode.
- App Crashes/ Freezes: This problem happens often and while it is annoying, we can easily solve it. The truth is that some apps are present with issues already and might have bugs in them or maybe your operating system is not suitable for that app. Some apps are constantly adding new features and improving details for better performance, but it might not support them on your phone. The first thing that you should try to do is to restart your phone and try using the app again. If this does not work, go to the App Manager and clean the cache. If the problem persists, uninstall the app and install it again.
- MicroSD card does not work: A MicroSD card can help you when the storage space of your phone is full and you are too lazy to take backup. MicroSD card can give you the extra space you need on your phone, but sometimes your phone might not accept the card. This can happen when the SD card is full of errors. In such situations, try to connect a card reader to your PC and format the SD card at least twice and then insert it again into the phone and see if it works.
- Apps Not Downloading: Users complain about not being able to download applications on their mobile phones. This is a common problem that can be solved easily. This problem mostly arises due to a corrupt cache, therefore, try cleaning the apps cache and Google Play and Google Play services history. Always restart your phone after clearing the history and then try to download the app you wanted to download previously.
- Damaged Charging Port: Charging ports tend to deteriorate as time passes. Some causes for a damaged charging port could be due to misuse or dirt. Before taking it to a repair shop, you can try to clean the charging port with a dry toothbrush. You can also use a cotton swab to remove as another alternative. If this does not seem to work, then head to a repair shop.
- Connecting Problem with Wifi/Bluetooth/Cellular Network: This is a temporary problem that can be solved quickly. Keep your phone in aeroplane mode for about 30 to 60 seconds and try connecting your phone to your Wifi, Bluetooth, or cellular network. If it doesn’t connect again, then head to Tech Care Plus and our experts will look into the issue.
- Synchronization Issue: You might sometimes notice an issue with your phone not being able to sync with your Google accounts. While this issue gets resolved automatically after some time, if it doesn’t, then we suggest that you delete your Google account and add it again. Make sure your Internet connection works properly and is not limited or slow. Also, check for any system updates.
- Wet Cell Phone: Do not panic if you have dropped your phone in water accidentally. This happens to many people, and it can surely be solved. The foremost thing you should not do is to switch on the phone immediately. It can be the worst thing to do and could lead to further damages. What you should do is remove the battery from the phone and place the cell phone in a bowl of rice. Since rice absorbs all moisture, it can reduce the damage caused. Once it is completely dried, now get your phone serviced.
Sometimes, our hacks might work. That is when you need an expert or a technician. Techcare Plus provides the best mobile services where you can get your phone fixed to make it look brand new! Along with mobile phone repair, we also provide computer repair services at an affordable rate. Get in touch with our experts today!